How to become a member of the APCC
You can become a member of the APCC by applying for Provincial Membership first.
The Provincial Chairs will undertake a site inspection and there are forms to be completed. These forms can be obtained directly from the Provincial Chairs (contact list below).
Once you are a Provincial Member, your Provincial Chair will put you forward at the next APCC Board meeting for National Membership.
Provincial Chair contact details:
- Western Cape: Fran Tong (Overstrand Hospice)
- Free State: Hanneke Lubbe (Hospice Bloemfontein) firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Eastern Cape: Melissa Knox (Saint Bernard’s Hospice) email@example.com;
- Limpopo & Mpumalanga: Nicola Hyde (Choice Trust) firstname.lastname@example.org;
- North West Province: Ruth Lerato Rangaka (Tshupe Hospice) email@example.com;
- Gauteng: Tersia Burger (Stepping Stone Hospice & Care Services) firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Northern Cape: Thompson (Nightingale Hospice) email@example.com;
- KwaZulu Natal: Warren Oxford-Huggett (Msunduzi Hospice Association) firstname.lastname@example.org;
The benefits of membership
The APCC’s programmes and resources aim to support and enable members to:
Develop skills and knowledge
As a member of the APCC, your staff and trustees can access opportunities to:
- Develop skills and knowledge by attending a wide range of courses, conferences and learning events at discounted rates.
- Apply for grant programmes to support professional development.
- Access all of our resources, including Quality Assurance/Quality Improvements initiatives:
- Courses/workshops/programmes for Palliative Care – each catering for different cadres of specialists
- Access to the Standards for Palliative Healthcare Services.
- Self-Assessment Tool (SAT) Audit tools to support the accreditation process.
- Internal Mentorship to support accreditation and capacity building of member organisations.
- Support and assistance in reaching APCC/COHSASA accreditation.
- Monitoring and evaluation though Home Based Care Data Management System (HDMS) to monitor quality of care and provide credible statistics and reports to funders and Government.
- Assistance in setting up and maintaining sound financial systems.
Grow stronger together
As a member of the APCC, your organisation will:
- Be part of the national voice championing hospice and palliative care to key decision makers.
- Have access to APCC-sourced international funding where possible.
As a member of the APCC, your organisation will be able to:
- Attend and vote at our AGM.
- Be included in membership levy decision-making.
Be connected and informed
As a member of the APCC, your trustees and staff can:
- Subscribe to regular e-newsletters focused on key areas such as income generation, hospice leadership and communications.
- Share resources and learning with other members through our website and by joining our Regional Associations.
Be part of a well-respected brand
- Membership brings with it credibility.
- Credibility brings to members something that they can use to motivate to funders for funding, as well as potentially other benefits such as below:
- Advocacy on behalf of the membership, including legislative at a national level.
- Outreach to the community – through its members the Association helps educate the public about the benefits of palliative care.
- Peer groups – the Association provides opportunities for peer groups to meet on a regular basis for education and the sharing of information and ideas.
- Technical assistance on a broad range of issues is provided upon request.
- The Association serves as a liaison at a national, regional and local level.
- Our membership includes Leadership/Committee opportunities within the APCC.
- Information and referral services for patients, families and health care providers.
- Access to the E-Hospice online newsletter.
- Access to education programs on topics and concepts for all members of the inter-disciplinary Team.
- Inclusion in the Directory in the Find a Hospice or Palliative Care search feature on the well-visited APCC website.
- Access to the APCC’s accredited training material.