1. What is your name?
Sharon von Mollendorff
2. Which hospice do you work for?
St Francis Hospice
3. What do you do there?
Professional Nurse/ home care
4. How long have you been there?
1. Why did you decide to focus on palliative care?
I always wanted to do home care nursing.
2. What gives you the greatest fulfilment?
When I am able to help a patient and their family.
3. What do you find the most challenging?
Working with state institutions.
4. What do you think people find the most challenging about a life-threatening diagnosis?
The reality of saying goodbye to family and friends.
5. What do you think that you personally bring to your job that reflects who you are as a person?
Love and compassion.
6. How do you take care of your own health and balance?
Try to do “fun” things.
7. What is your advice to anyone else wishing to join your profession?
Be willing to be flexible and meet new people.
8. What is your advice to anyone given a life-threatening diagnosis?
Do not count the months but concentrate on each day.
9. What is your advice to the loved ones of anyone who is given a life-threatening diagnosis?
Talk about it.
10. How do your loved ones feel about the work that you do?
They are happy for me as they can see it brings a lot of career satisfaction for me.
11. What do you like the most about the hospice that you work with?
The friendships of my colleagues.
12. Do you have a “motto” that you tend to live by that you would like to share?
Giving my all.