1. What is your name?
2. Which hospice do you work for?
Zululand Hospice Association
3. What do you do there?
I am a care worker
4. How long have you been there?
Twenty three years
1. Why did you decide to focus on palliative care?
I just love to educate the community on how to look after themselves and to ensure that the community get the help they need with referrals – TB, HIV and now Covid… I follow up on their medication adherence and advise them on meals and exercise.
2. What gives you the greatest fulfilment?
It means so much to me to counsel and support and clean the houses and make them comfortable. It brings joy to me.
3. How do your loved ones feel about the work that you do?
My family is happy that I can also help them with my knowledge and experience.
4. What do you like the most about the hospice that you work with?
I appreciate the fact that we at Hospice work together and support each other.
5. Do you have a “motto” that you tend to live by that you would like to share?
Work together to bring love joy and peace.